The Iowa City Free Lunch Program (ICFL) is seeking two dynamic, collaborative co-directors to manage kitchen and volunteer operations, and development, outreach, and administrative operations.
The co-directors would divide up to 40 hours a week, covering for one another as needed, although each may have particular strengths in one area or the other (kitchen/volunteer management or development/outreach/administrative operations). Experience that demonstrates capabilities in these areas (e.g. volunteer coordination, food serve experience, fundraising and accounting) is preferred.
Above all, the board is looking for applicants who are eager to serve the community by working for an organization committed to doing one thing well: serving healthy meals, six days a week, to anyone who shows up – no questions asked.
Duties and expectations for the positions include some of the following:
Kitchen and Volunteer Co-Director
- Managing volunteers and volunteer teams, as well as recruiting new volunteers.
- Ensuring that a meal is served every Monday-Saturday (with the exception of Thanksgiving Day), led by either a regular volunteer team or by one of the directors.
- Maintaining a safe food handling environment including managing perishable, frozen and out-of- date food items.
- Being a good steward of program funds by researching costs and purchasing food and supplies responsibly.
- Fostering relationships with local businesses, philanthropic organizations, volunteers and faith groups to raise awareness about the Free Lunch Program and to encourage donations
Development, Outreach, and Administrative Co-Director
- Working with the ICFL Board on fundraising including expanding income substantially to ensure viability of the program.
- Managing financial matters, including grant applications and associated reporting; banking; and requests for information from government entities and insurers (e.g. Iowa Workforce Development and Workers’ Comp audit).
- Ensuring bills are paid on time, and that payroll information is sent to the bookkeeper in a timely manner.
- Acknowledging donations in a timely manner and maintaining donor records
Co-directors are also expected to attend quarterly ICFL Board meetings and would co-manage the ICFL Website and Facebook pages.
Please send a cover letter describing how you believe your experience would prepare you for one of the co-director positions, along with a resume, to ICFL Board President Bonnie Penno at email@example.com by September 25, 2020.
Please feel free to share this notice with others!